Deanna's Lyric

Click here to edit subtitle

News & Events

view:  full / summary

State regulators discuss reliability standards for utilities

Posted on April 5, 2011 at 11:41 AM

(Source: The Baltimore Sun, Maryland)By Liz F. Kay, The Baltimore Sun


March 25--State utility regulators voted Thursday to form a working group to hash out details of new rules setting standards to help ensure reliable service after customer complaints of lengthy power outages during both storms and fair weather.


"The overarching goal is to establish objective expectations for high-quality service," said Douglas Nazarian, chairman of the Maryland Public Ser...

Read Full Post »

Electrocution Victim's Family Continues to Seek Information, Answers

Posted on April 5, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Death Exposes City's Decaying Wire System

by Shernay Williams

AFRO Staff Writer


As they embark on an endeavor to help thwart similar calamities, the family of Deanna Green – a 14-year-old who was electrocuted after touching a fence in Druid Hill Park in 2006 – is still searching for answers in their daughter’s demise. The father, Anthony “Bubba” Green said he is waiting for a judge to revive their case against th...

Read Full Post »

Druid Park Electricity Victim's Family Faces Commission

Posted on April 5, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Demands greater protection against reoccurrences everywhere

by Shernay Williams

AFRO Staff Writer


Flanked by her husband, Anthony “Bubba” Green, Nancy Green sat behind a long, narrow table before several members of the Maryland Public Service Commission, telling the gruesome story of how her daughter Deanna was killed by stray electricity.


“Deanna didn’t touch a live wire or an electrical box,” ...

Read Full Post »

Parents Push For New Rule That Requires Stray Voltage Inspection

Posted on March 24, 2011 at 11:00 AM

BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Some Baltimore parents are turning their grief into action, trying to change Maryland laws to prevent the kind of tragedy that killed their young daughter five years ago at Druid Hill Park.

Derek Valcourt has more on what her parents say needs to be done about it.

It was stray electrical voltage that killed their daughter in a ballpark at Druid Hill. Now they’re asking the state to implement tough new stray voltage laws in their daughter&#...

Read Full Post »

I-Team: Dangers of stray voltage

Posted on February 25, 2011 at 3:45 AM

PROVIDENCE -- A New Jersey power company told the NBC 10 I-Team it has identified more than 40 contact voltage locations in Providence that could potentially kill people and pets.

Contact voltage or stray voltage is voltage on an object that should not be energized. It may include lamp posts, manholes, gratings, junction boxes as well as sidewalks and adjacent buildings.

Power Survey Co. is contracted by New York City, Buffalo, N.Y. and other urban areas to detect ...

Read Full Post »

Decaying Wires Cause Serious Hazards Throughout Baltimore

Posted on February 15, 2011 at 2:25 AM

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A WJZ investigation is revealing decaying wires are causing serious hazards throughout Baltimore neighborhoods, hazards so serious they can shock or even kill people as they walk down the street. Vic Carter reports under the streets of Baltimore, electricity flows through miles and miles of wires but wear and tear create dangerous currents that can kill you. The problem is aging, decaying wires under sidewalks, near light poles, manhole covers and anywhere the curr...

Read Full Post »

Man Works To Keep Others Safe After Daughter's Death

Posted on December 8, 2010 at 1:15 AM

BALTIMORE (WJZ)

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2010/12/07/man-works-to-keep-others-safe-after-daughters-death/


A local teen was electrocuted after touching a fence at an area ball park. Now her father is on a crusade to make sure that never happens again. Kelly McPherson has more.


Stray voltage is what you call it when an object...

Read Full Post »

Contact Voltage: The Invisible Danger That Killed Our Daughter

Posted on
Huffington Post: By Mr. Anthony "Bubba' Green & Mrs. Nancy A. Green On May 5, 2006, our daughter, Deanna Camille Green, was electrocuted and killed after she touched a normal everyday fence that was electrified by current leaking from a faulty underground electric cable. We now know, this dangerous condition known as "contact voltage" has taken the lives of countlesspeople and pets across the country. May 5 started as a typical day for the Green family, but would end in tragedy at approxim... Read Full Post »

Contact Voltage: The Invisible Danger That Killed Our Daughter

Posted on
Huffington Post: By Mr. Anthony "Bubba' Green & Mrs. Nancy A. Green On May 5, 2006, our daughter, Deanna Camille Green, was electrocuted and killed after she touched a normal everyday fence that was electrified by current leaking from a faulty underground electric cable. We now know, this dangerous condition known as "contact voltage" has taken the lives of countlesspeople and pets across the country. May 5 started as a typical day for the Green family, but would end in tragedy at approxim... Read Full Post »

Rss_feed